Who can check out a hotspot?
- DeWitt residents
- rural Clinton County residents
- CCPLA Contracting Cities
What is required to check out a hotspot?
- a library account
- current, working email address on file
- account in "good standing," meaning with no overdue materials or unpaid charges
- must present photo ID and valid library card number
- to read, understand, sign agreement
How many hotspots may I check out?
- Only 1 checkout per household.
How long can I check out a hotspot for? Are they renewable?
- Hotspots have a two-week checkout period. If there are no reserves on the item, each hotspot has one renewal period--or an additional two weeks.
- All hotspots can be reserved and renewed at the desk, over the phone, via email, or by signing into your account on our Catalog page.
Other things to know?
- Cannot be used outside the U.S.
- Must be returned to the main desk, NOT in dropbox. Hotspots returned in dropbox will be assessed for any damages.
- Borrowers and library staff will verify all accessories are there during check out and check in.
- Do not leave hotspot outside, in a hot vehicle, or expose to moisture.
- Do not remove SIM card.
- If hotspot prompts you to update software, you may accept.
- We recommend leaving the hotspot plugged in--as the battery can go down fairly quickly.
Our full Hotspot Borrowing Policy with General Fines and Liability can be accessed here.
Feel free to call us at (563) 659-5523 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions!