Meeting Room Policy
The library has a meeting room which accommodates 40 people and a smaller conference room which accommodates 8 people. The library facilities are open to organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities. Reservation required. handicapped accessible. Wireless connection available throughout the library.
Applications for permission to use the meeting room shall be made no more than 90 days in advance to the librarian on duty. Reservations must be made in person or by phone and include the name and telephone number of the person responsible.
The person signing the application form is responsible for picking up the key during library hours and locking the doors when the meeting is over. the key can be returned in the library's book return box.
The Board of Trustees invites any group of citizens to use the meeting room provided they abide by the following policies:
- The library facilities are open to organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities.
- Priority will be given to non-profit organizations and volunteer groups.
- Programs inconsistent with the library's objectives will be excluded.
- Attendance at meetings is limited to 40 persons.
- The person signing the application form shall be responsible for repairs or replacement of damaged equipment. The library reserves the right to assess a cleaning or labor charge if necessary.
- No guarantee can be made for monthly or regularly scheduled meetings.
- No alcoholic beverages or smoking is allowed. If food is served, you are responsible for cleanup. You must bring your own cleaning and serving supplies.
- Library and library-related programs have priority to use the facility.
- Use of materials on walls is prohibited
- The fact that a group meets in the library does not constitute endorsement of the group's beliefs or policies.
- Children's groups must be supervised by an adult.
- Groups are responsible for their own set-up and take down.
- The library director is authorized to deny permission to use the meeting room to any group or individual that is disorderly or that violates meeting room regulations.
- Groups leaving items for future use must have them clearly labeled.
Please Note: Door between meeting room and the hallway leading to the restrooms should be unlocked if the restrooms will be used. Doors leading to the library are locked when the library is closed. Phone may be used for local calls only. Phone number for the meeting room is (563) 659-2901.
Groups using the meeting room have access to the following equipment:
Refrigerator Overhead projector
Slide projector DVD/VCR TV
22 cup coffeepot Wireless connection
Laptop and LCD projector
Please let us know if you need any of the above equipment.
Before leaving please be sure to check the following:
- Turn off all lights in bathrooms, hallway, meeting room and front lobby.
- Unplug coffeepot and other equipment used.
- Room is to be arranged as in diagram.
- Meeting room doors locked.
- Keys returned in the book return box.
- If refrigerator was used remember to take home those items.
Timer: Heat and air conditioning are on an automatic timer for the entire library. If using the meeting room before or after hours, make sure you set timer (1, 2, or 3 hours) and turn thermostat to desired temperature while using the room.
Revisions approved 2/12/2008
Revisions approved 10/4/2011