Minutes of October 2011 Friends Meeting
Friends of the Library meeting October 2, 2011
1. Book sale - total sales $512.25. Ads in paper cost $39.00 and $42.63.
2. Total in new checking account = $9690.00.
3. Visiting author - Cindy Gerard, probably will talk on a Tuesday evening November 15 or 29.
4. Children's area bookshelf - waiting to hear from wood shop teacher at high school.
5. Pumpkin decorating contest - no carving. Decorate a pumpkin or gourd. Judging October 28, pick up on October 29.
6. We have a booth at Holiday Expo November 6. We will have membership drive and mascot illustration contest. People can draw a fine forgiveness coupon for 1 or 2 dollars if they sign up for Friends.
7. Membership details. Will need to pay dues 5, 10, or 25 dollars for individual, family, or organization, respectively. Offer the rest of 2011 free if sign up for 2012.
8. Friends brochure will be edited. Let people choose how they want to contribute, e.g. I'm interested in attending meetings or I'm interested in donating items.
9. Programs for adults? Example: bingo for seniors once a week.
10. Halloween party 4th-8th grade October 29, Saturday, 4-5:30 pm. Sub-committee will meet this week to discuss details. Games and prizes, story teller, decorate cupcakes. Need a sign and an ad in paper.
11. Bake sale cafe Saturday, December 17, mid-morning. Della Canta chorale will sing.