Minutes of July Friends Meeting
Friends of the Library Meeting July 10, 2011
Attendance: Luann, Beverly, Chris, Jane, Sara, Jenny, Gillian
1. The Friends of the Library will create a Facebook page this fall.
2. Friends Book Sale is August 20 from 9:00a.m. to Noon. Jane will put an ad in Observer requesting donations of books, DVD's, videos and puzzles. Set up will be August 18 and August 19. Sara will make signs. We will need grocery bags, change, cash box (Beverly). On the sale day. two shifts of volunteers will be needed to work the sale and clean up.
3. Friends will soon have their own checkbook; this will streamline financial transactions.
4. Jane purchased prizes for the summer reading program. ($400.00)
5. Informal classes on using the Nook and Kindle, run by Sara, Tuesday, July 26, 6:30-8:00 pm
6. Membership: Sara made bookmarks to hand out at the library and other events. Also discussed was adding a section on the website for friends explaining "What is Friends of the Library." Explain types of volunteers, etc. Need new form to hand out to patrons. Jane has a button maker that can be used by friends for a membership drive or for other activities.
7. Need new shelving for board books. Friends could buy it, but first we'll ask the high school wood shop teacher if this could be a student project (wooden shelves 10"-12" depth).
8. Landscape weeding-volunteers.
9. Cyndi Gerard, author, has been contacted to present a program, possibly in October. The Friends would like to contact other authors also.
10. Next meeting August 7.